Donny Wahlberg and Deepak Chopra: My month in review
In case not, here is a sampling of my work and play in the last month. I must say, while the entrepreneur life comes with its own set of doubts and risks, I wholly enjoy the many, many extraordinary opportunities I get to experience. And being able to spend more time with my family is everything. I know I’m very fortunate.
- June 13: Tim and I manage to sneak away one night to see the award-winning Broadway show, Hamilton, for a belated Valentine’s Day/Birthday/5th Wedding Anniversary celebration. As I’d predicted, the experience was totally worth the splurge!
- June 14: My Mint family hosts a panel in NYC with #Girlboss founder Sophia Amoruso for an impolite conversation about money with a room full of awesome women. I recapped the night here on the Mint blog and shared the five money lessons we covered.
- June 21: My first born Evan celebrates his third birthday with a fireman-themed celebration complete with pizza and cupcakes. #success
- June 27: I fulfill my childhood dream as a 37-year old to be in the same room with Joey McIntyre and the rest of New Kids on the Block. My Iranian parents never understood my infatuation with the band, thus was never allowed to attend concerts as a kid. Now was my time.
- June 29: My teammates at Chase arrange a backstage meet and greet for me and the singular Deepak Chopra, as he gives a special keynote held at the financial firm’s summer wellness speaker series. #goals
- July 3: My beautiful daughter Colette Soraya turns 4 months! (Seriously, where does the time go?)
- July 14: My semi-annual Book to Brand workshop officially sells out! Stay tuned for more updates on future workshops and what’s to come this fall in the coming months.