Today’s guest is my former editorial assistant and right hand guy, Donovan X Ramsey, who is now an accomplished journalist focusing on the topic of black identity, politics and patterns of power in America. His work has appeared in countless top publications including The New York Times, The Atlantic, GQ, Gawker, Ebony among others. Donovan X. Ramsey also serves as a fellow at Demos, the New York City-based public-policy think tank where he is currently gearing up to cover race in relation to the 2016 presidential race. He is also heavily involved in the national movement to reform the criminal justice system.
Three takeaways from our interview:
- His strategy for profiting from his passion – journalism – at a young age. Some things they just don’t teach you in graduate school.
- How he landed a byline in the The New York Times.
- Financial lessons from growing up, as he says, quite poor in Ohio. What he wishes he’d learned as a kid.
One of my favorite quotes from the interview: “I’m #SoMoney because I can generate money based on things that I actually care about.” – Click to Tweet
You might also like…
- Gerard Adams, Co-Founder of Elite Daily
- Anthony Saleh, Manager to Nas & Tech Investor
- Travis Hornsby, Founder of Millennial Moola